Historic St. Francis Wood
Splendid Tudor On The Park
165 Terrace Drive, San Francisco, CA
Offered at $2,695,000
Overlooking the beauty of Terrace Green Park, this ultra-charming home delights with its family-friendly floor plan, warm character, abundant architectural details, magnificent windows, storybook gardens and fantastic backyard. With an unbeatable location, the comfortable home checks all the right boxes offering five bedrooms (four on one floor including a master suite), three- and one-half baths, a bright chef’s kitchen, inviting formal rooms, a huge family/playroom and enchanting green outlooks from every window in the house.
Custom built in 1936, the Tudor Revival home shines with its characteristic slate-tile gabled roof, lattice windows, shingled façade and interior archway details. Owned by only two families, the home has been well-cared for and maintained inside and out. Among its many other amenities are its professionally landscaped gardens, oversized lot, two-car side-by-side garage, lavish outdoor settings and ocean views.
Situated on one of the St. Francis Wood’s most sought after blocks this remarkable home offers a unique park setting and lifestyle filled with beauty and ease. You’ll enjoy all that this wonderful neighborhood has to offer along with private tennis courts, excellent local schools, popular West Portal Village shops, convenient Muni K, L, M & T trains and quick access to 101 & 280 freeways.
- Five Bedrooms (Four on One Floor)
- Three Full & One-Half Bathrooms
- Gracious Entry Hall with Center Staircase
- Stunning Living Room with Fireplace & Built-Ins
- Formal Dining Room with French Doors to Garden
- Updated Kitchen with Butler’s Pantry & Breakfast Room
- Large Master Suite with
- His & Hers Walk-In Closets
- Charming First Floor Guest Powder Room
- Versatile Attic Level with Family/Playroom, Bedroom & Full Bath
- Huge Backyard with Verdant Lawn, Brick Patio & Planters
- Attached Two-Car Side-by-Side Garage & Driveway Parking
- Built 1936, Lot Size 6,744 Square Feet
- Coveted Location Overlooking Park
- Ocean Views from Master & Attic Level
- Beautiful Lattice Windows and French Doors
- Cove Moldings, Hardwood Floors & Custom Woodwork
- Quartz Countertops, Thermador & KitchenAid Appliances
- Abundant Storage, Cabinetry and Wine Closet
- Slate Tile Roof & Redwood Shingle Siding
- Professionally Landscaped Gardens Front & Rear
- In-Ground Irrigation & Home Security System
- Convenient to West Portal Village, 280/101 Freeways
ST. FRANCIS WOOD
The developers of the St. Francis Wood, Mason and McDuffie, began planning the neighborhood more than 100 years ago, advertising St. Francis Wood as the city’s first residential park. The sales brochure touted lots that were twice the size of the average city lot, lush parks and boulevards to be designed by the Olmsted Brothers and streets lined with trees and plants. It was to be a planned community, a place that would appeal to families and to those seeking a grand lifestyle in a unique city setting. The majority of the neighborhood’s 540 homes were completed between the years of 1920 and 1940. While home styles range from Colonial Revival, Spanish Mediterranean to Tudor there is a common thread as all were built under the architectural guidance of the homeowners association. It is for this reason that the neighborhood was able to achieve homogeneity of scale, color and style and it remains that way today.
165 Terrace Drive, San Francisco, CA
This property is being marketed under CA Covid19 Guidelines.
Please contact listing agent for details.
Exceptional client service is Jane Poppelreiter`s first priority. Her service oriented philosophy and focused attention to every detail of the buying and selling process has provided her clients with solid real estate investments and has earned her wide respect throughout the San Francisco real estate community.
Jane`s negotiation skills, confidence and expert ability to formulate deals that work are the result of her years of experience and ultimately is the value that she offers her clients. With an impressive list of clients Jane has proven herself as a polished professional, pairing innovative marketing and selling strategies with excellent communication skills. She credits her past and present success to personal discipline, high standards, creativity, and the persistence to ensure that every transaction be as seamless as possible.